of University Heights, Iowa
City Hall | 1004 Melrose Avenue, University Heights (Iowa City) 52246 | 319-337-6900
One University Place CONSTRUCTION UPDATES
For more information about One University Place contact Jeff Maxwell 319-631-1121
Most recent updates at the top of the page
- Contains January City Engineer's report, and independent Project Manager's report.
- Contains December City Engineer's report, and independent Project Manager's report.
- Contains October/November City Engineer's reports, and independent Project Manager's reports.
- Contains September City Engineer's report, and independent Project Manager's report.
Special City Council Meeting Agenda & attachments 8/29/16
- At their meeting Council approved the following::
- Resolution No. 16-45, Resolution No. 16-46, and Resolution No. 16-47, regarding the One University Place Intersection and Turn Lane Improvement Project (OUP – Public Improvements Project).
- Resolution No. 16-48, approving a Loan Agreement and providing for the sale and issuance of General Obligation Corporate Purpose Bonds, Series 2016, and providing for the levy of taxes to pay the same.
- Resolution No. 16-49, authorizing the mayor to sign and the clerk to attest an offer to buy and acceptance (Purchase Agreement) with One University Place, LLC for the acquisition of a community space, approximately 2,450 square feet in size and partially finished, in the One University Place development for the approximate cost of $275,000.00.
- All of the above can be found at the link for the agenda and attachments
- Contains August City Engineer's report, and independent Project Manager's report.
- Contains July City Engineer's report, and independent Project Manager's report.
Public Improvements Financing Options 7/13/16
- At 7/12 City Council meeting Speer Financial's Maggie Burger outlined their recommendation for funding the intersection improvements and community center in a single bond issue. Council will approve final details at their Aug. 9, 2016 council meeting
July Report submitted by Glenn Siders 7/13/2016
- Contains June City Engineer's report, and independent Project Manager's report.
- Contains May City Engineer's report, amended ravine planting plan, independent Project Manager's report.
March Report submitted by Glenn Siders 4/6/2016
City Council Adopts Resolution 16-16B with Bio Cell option and awards Public Improvement contract to Maxwell Construction 3/30/2016
City Council 3/29/16 Special Meeting Agenda and attachments 3/28/2016
OUP Public Improvements Bid Notice
Community Center Draft Plans A & B 3/18/2016
Public Improvement Project Plans MMS Engineering PUBLIC HEARING March 8 7:00 PM Horn School Library 3/4/16
Revised Water Line Route Route for water line upgrade approved at City Council Special Meeting 2-15-16 6 2/21/16
Construction Progress Meetings McComas Lacina weekly progress meeting minutes 8-21-15 to 1-13-16 2/10/16
Public Improvements Project Plans MMS Engineering plans for intersection realignment and turn lane addition 1/14/16
Earthview Environmental Inc. Update Clarification for proposed ravine restoration plan 12/13/15
Types of Plan Changes that require City Council Review List developed by City Engineer 11/11/15
Earthview Environmental Inc. Analysis Report Recommendations for proposed ravine restoration plan 10/29/15
LINK to PLANS from 2011